The Senior Project Accountant provides full-scale financial management and accounting support to multiple projects within the TMG portfolio. The position will manage the full-cycle AR/Billing function, financial management, field and HQ account reconciliations (including bank reconciliations for assigned projects), pricing and budget analysis, contract compliance, and provision of financial management assistance to multiple projects. The position will also work collaboratively with colleagues and client teams, consultants, field staff, and support units throughout TMG.
The responsibilities of the position would include:
- Manage the preparation, review, and process of complex billing vouchers for USG Contract types, i.e., Cost Plus, Time & Material, and Fixed Price with CLIN structures budgets. Prepare general ledger accounting journal entries, reconcile field office advance, and cash accounts, review field receipts and supporting documentation for justification of approved expenditures, and preparation of monthly billing vouchers.
- Resolve complex invoicing and reconciliation issues on field office accounts.
- Work closely with the project team and field office to prepare accurate monthly vouchers.
- Monitor, track, and analyze approved project expenses in relation to budget.
- Review labor and expense charges for accuracy in relation to contract terms.
- Provide routine financial and accounting liaison between the Home and Field Office teams. Provide routine support to the Controller to ensure compliance with assigned contracts.
- Provide periodic budget variances, pipeline and funding analyses reports for all contract portfolios.
- Maintain budgetary control over assigned contracts using appropriate bookkeeping and cost control systems.
- Maintain essential contract/project records, as well as other detailed project files.
- Foster a work environment based on quality teamwork, mutual accountability, and high-quality performance.
- Elevates contractual or client concerns to the Controller, Project Director or Unit Lead.
- Washington, DC (with 10% travel to target country locations.)
The candidate must demonstrate the following abilities:
- Sound judgment, foresight, meticulous, and excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent business communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted budgeting and accounting principles.
- Familiar with the FAR, AIDAR, and contract compliance clauses
- Ability to interpret complex policies, rules, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in USG accounting or finance.
- Experience with USG-funded programs.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word; Deltek Costpoint and QuickBooks software a plus.
- Experience with financial operations on USG contracts, reporting, procurement, and compliance.
- Ability to work a hybrid in-office/remote schedule at TMG’s home office in DC, required.
- Applicants must be living or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC metro area. Moving expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., at the time of application, without sponsorship.
- Foreign languages skills
- Foreign Country experience in target project/s country assigned.
Please submit resume and cover letter to michellew(a)the-mitchellgroup.com