Project Financial Management Specialist
The Project Financial Management Specialist provides full-scale project management support to more than one project within the TMG portfolio. The position involves building client and partner relationships; high quality project management, including financial management and contract compliance; provision of technical assistance to select projects; and market analysis for new business opportunities. The Project Financial Management Specialist will work collaboratively with partners, colleagues and client teams, consultants, field staff, and support units throughout TMG.
The Project Financial Management Specialist position at TMG is a critical position in managing & supporting the financial management of the projects. The position is responsible for accounting, source documentation review, Field advance reconciliations, monthly financial reports and invoicing clients.
• Conducts duties and responsibilities with full understanding of clients’ requirements and the relevant policies and regulations, e.g., GAAP.
• Recommends and oversees appropriate accounting systems at various projects according to complexity of projects and competencies of assigned staff.
• Ensures that the project(s) and its personnel maintain proper records in line with the contract scope of work. Reviews and provides comments on monthly reports, reconciliations, and other documents to ensure compliance with company standards and contract requirements. Works collaboratively with project team and clients, conducting periodic visits to assess the status of project activities and to contribute to improvement in financial management of the projects.
• Manage the project budget, to ensure that the project funding is sufficient to accomplish the work required. This includes initiating requests for additional funding whenever required and notifying the client in writing whenever the expected costs to be incurred in the next 60 days will exceed 75% of the total currently available on the contract.
• Coordinate with the responsible Program staff to review the monthly fund requirements and transfers to Field offices.
• Take any necessary actions to correct performance problems to assure quality control and serve as POC for Field Finance teams responsible for the management of the contract.
• Supervise the maintenance of essential contract/project financial records, as well as other detailed project files.
• Coordinates with appropriate team members and departments to ensure integration and coordination of efforts for meeting project milestones and deliverables.
• Responsible for audit enquiries from the clients for invoices and contracts
• Consistently helps set new technical standards in work products, reviews and provides comment on project work. Provide sound technical input to reports, proposals, and other documents.
• Draft periodic reports and records on program financial activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or funding agency.
• Routinely apply knowledge of primary discipline and development assistance to problem solving, new business development, strategy, and programming decisions.
• Facilitate the expansion of the company’s knowledge management system.
• Demonstrate responsive customer service and maintain close working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders or customers.
• International travel may be required (up to 25%)
• Undertake any other duties which may from time to time be required.
• Experience in Africa preferred
• Supervisory experience preferred
• French and/or regional language skills an advantage
Send resume and cover letter to michellew(@)the-mitchellgroup.com