The Mitchell Group, Inc., a Washington, DC based government contractor specializing in international development work, is currently seeking a Program Associate at our headquarters in Washington, DC.
The Program Manager is a key player in the implementation of TMG projects in his/her portfolio. S/he back stops field activities by providing the required support per the contract Statement of Work.
Specific tasks undertaken by the Program Manager
Under the supervision of the Project Director the Program Manager will perform the full range of project backstopping responsibilities for the assigned projects and contracts. These responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Manage the performance of the work required by the project/contract Statement of Work.
- Manage the project budget, to ensure that the project funding is sufficient to accomplish the work required.
- Maintain essential contract/project records, as well as other detailed project files.
- Review monthly field operating expenses and other local project expenses to ensure that they are proper and correct.
- Review billings to the project submitted by vendors, consultants, etc., including preparation and obtaining approval of Payment Request Documents.
- Prepare/compute travel reconciliations for staff and consultant travel.
- Coordinate with the applicable TMG field offices to determine monthly funding requirements
- Make all necessary/appropriate arrangements for the fielding of consultants and permanent/temporary staff supporting the project.
- Assist with the development and scheduling of program work plans in accordance with deliverable specifications and funding limitations;
Oversee daily operations and coordinate project logistics;
- Administer and monitor program activities and assist with determination of priorities;
- Confer with specialists and/or undertake research to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, and answers to questions related to program goals and policy interpretation;
- Coordinate program activities with related activities of other programs, departments and staff within TMG to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications;
- Draft periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or funding agency;
- Assist in evaluation of program effectiveness and in development of improved methods
- Organize and facilitate travel, workshops, meetings or conferences, coordinating logistics, scheduling and participant communications, and participate in such events;
- Oversight of field office personnel and timekeeping records
- Undertake other duties as necessary
- Assist in proposal preparation including:
Assisting in proposal development: personnel recruiting and personnel narrative section of proposal, corporate capabilities section, and possibly some technical writing (depending on nature of RFP).
- Revise, edit and format proposals
- Helping to facilitate teaming arrangements
- Bachelor’s Degree is Required in a field closely related to social science, accounting/finance, and/or business administration, preferably with a concentration in management. Masters Preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years related professional experience
- Experience providing administrative and management support to complex US Government and international donor funded projects overseas
- Strong knowledge of US Government rules and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in financial management and budgeting processes
- Ability to travel to project sites, as needed
- Experience in Africa preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- French and/or regional language skills an advantage
Please send your cover letter and resume to HR at email@example.com