Program Associate 0 to 2 Years Experience
The Mitchell Group, Inc., a Washington, DC based government contractor specializing in international development work, is currently seeking a Program Associate at our headquarters in Washington, DC.
Program Associate will provide a range of technical support to technical staff in order to facilitate the effective achievement of programmatic goals. They will provide technical assistance, research, analysis and operational support for technical officers and program managers. Tasks may include:
- Research on topics relating to existing or planned programs
- Outreach and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and trainings
- Drafting of program, communications, procurement and other documents
- Support for drafting, processing, clearing of documents
- Conduct research into new project opportunities (research funding opportunities and provide input on program methodology and design)
- Recruitment of technical staff
- Proposal development
- Support team leaders with logistics
- Travel to project locations
- Support procurement processes
- Draft content for reports, grant proposals, and website
- Support communications with field offices, partners, and consultants via phone, email, and Skype
- Manage data for monitoring and evaluation
- Process receipts and payments
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree is required. Masters preferred.
Attention to detail, organization, flexibility, multi-tasking, the ability to work independently and excellent written and oral communication skills are important qualifications for this position. Proficiency in computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Internet research are required.
Fluency in French is required.
Previous program management experience is strongly preferred. Desirable candidates will be able to demonstrate past successes in working in a team-based environment as well as a history of taking initiative to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced environment. Experience with international development and foreign language skills are a plus.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references in their application.
E-mail Application to: juliew [at] the-mitchellgroup [dot] com