MSC Deputy Director
The Mitchell Group is a Washington, DC based government contractor specializing in international development work. Since its inception, TMG has offered substantive technical assistance to its clients and delivered results directly to the intended beneficiaries and stakeholders. We have successfully implemented more than 100 contracts worldwide (multiyear and short-term) for the US Agency for International Development, the US National Institutes of Health, the US Department of Energy, and our other clients. The Mali Service Center (MSC) — is an administrative and financial management project financed by the US Government’s National Institutes of Health in association with the University of Bamako and is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Deputy Director to be based in Bamako, Mali.
The MSC Deputy Director is a vital member of the MSC Leadership and shares in the decision-making process with the MSC Director. The Deputy Director is responsible for backstopping the MSC Director in the management of finances and administration of the project through capacity building, internal controls, administration and financial oversight. The Deputy Director serves as acting MSC Director during periods of absence. The MSC Deputy Director is also the point person on administrative and financial system development, both for the MSC and for its clients. In addition, the MSC Deputy Director supports the Director in managing external relations in Mali, both with the University of Bamako and with other stakeholders.
Essential Qualifications :
- A minimum of 10-12 years of experience in progressively responsible management skills, including administration of programmatic, financial, and analytic activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English, including demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills. The candidates will be tested on their ability to write correspondences in English, as liaison assistance with English speakers is an essential part of the job.
- Demonstrated performance in entrepreneurial development of a business or project.
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills including a demonstrated ability to negotiate solutions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and staff including an ability to interact with a wide range of people from policy makers, practitioners to clients.
- Proven ability in managing US Government agreements, preferably with demonstrated experience in working with US National Institutes of Health interventions.
- Knowledge of computer software (Microsoft office, Accounting software, strongly preferred).
- Proven three years of supervisory experience.
- Work experience in Africa and in Mali preferred.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, financial management, economics, business administration or related field; a CPA is desired.
Qualified candidates should send their CVs along with a cover letter to mscdirector(at)maliservicecenter.org before Dec. 31, 2017