USAID/Senegal Regional Missions Sahel Resilience Learning Project
Under this contract with USAID/Senegal , The Mitchell Group provides an array of technical assistance and services. Starting in 2014, the purpose of this five-year project is to provide monitoring, evaluation, collaboration and learning support to USAID resilience programming in the Sahel. It is focusing mainly on Niger and Burkina Faso, but will also bolster a larger multi-institutional initiative to build resilience and growth by drawing on lessons learned and adaptations already underway.
Selected tasks accomplished to date include:
• Completion of field data collection for RISE baseline survey in Niger and Burkina Faso involving 100 villages and 2,500 households.
• Broad dissemination of resilience best practices and lessons learned presentations from the April 2015 collaborative learning workshops held in Niger (April 1-2) and Burkina (April 14-15) to members of the Sahel Resilience Community of Practice.
• Launch of OASIS-led ethnographic field research focused on Safe Spaces approach to empowering adolescent girls, in Maradi region.
• Identification of 202 Sahel Resilience Community of Practice (SR CoP) members
• 200 best practice techniques, technologies, innovations and approaches tested in Niger and Burkina Faso that contribute to resilience-building efforts
• Support to REGIS-AG and REGIS-ER